QuickBooks Data File | Update | Corruption | Recovery
QuickBooks Data File
QuickBooks data file errors occurs usually based upon the version you are using, when you update your QuickBooks to the latest version, subsequently QuickBooks data file has to be updated too. Before updating the QuickBooks to the latest version it’s recommended that you take the full backup of your data file and then pursue with the up-gradation. Once the QuickBooks is updated to the latest version then you can browse the file where it is located and restore it, you will see the complete data into the new version of QuickBooks without any QuickBooks Data Corruption. Sometime it’s tricky updating the data file could be due to some server issue like heavy traffic etc., If such scenario exists always suggested to wait for some time and try back later. Having the regular backup of your QuickBooks Data File is must so that you never lost your hard worked data and its available to you on your all devices. Reach out to support team for any issue faced related to QuickBooks Data File.
QuickBooks Data File location
The file is located in the documents folder, there you have folder for Intuit and you will find the data file located in this as ‘.qbw’ extension. Follow the location link C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files; by visiting this location you get the access to the data file, keep this link noted down somewhere in-case you forget in future and you need to know where your data is being stored at.
QuickBooks Data File Corruption
The heavy the QuickBooks file is, the maximum the risk it has to go corrupted you always keep watch on the size of the file and take regular backups so you don’t face QuickBooks Data Corruption. QuickBooks data recovery and restore the file back to old version get very complicated some time if you don’t know the actual steps to follow.
QuickBooks Data File Recovery
There are many things to consider before recovering the corrupted file, Here are few recommended actions to get QuickBooks Data Recovery and saving the big loss.
- Verifying the data is must, select menu > utility > verify data, then proceed to verify
- Restore the list in the file, go to ‘Restore List’ in the menu to restore the lists.
- Rebuild the file go to menu > utility > rebuild, and proceed for rebuild
- Create a Portable Company File and then restore the Portable Company File. This process re-indexes the database and is one of the most effective ways to reduce database fragments. You can also use the Portable Company File utility to repair some data file corruptions, but the focus in this context is around the reduction of database fragments to reduce the risk of corruption
- Run the Windows Defragmentation utility on the drive on which the QuickBooks data file is stored. The fragmentation level of the computer’s hard drive can impact the fragmentation level of the QuickBooks database.